Monday, June 14, 2010

“Bah-da-dum-dah –duh….I’m lovin it!!”


I'm driving and all of a sudden it hits me...I'm hungry and I might just die if I don't get a chance to eat within the next 5-10 minutes. Frantically, I search high and low for something that can never do me wrong...something that’s internationally known…something that could bring tears of happiness to my eyes. My desire was simple: McDonald’s french-fries. That’s right, french-fries. I wasn’t asking for much, just a large, piping hot, delicately salted, perfect amount of crunchiness container of fries.

Nearly causing an accident, I zoom into the drive-thru. “Welcome to McDonalds! What can I get you today?” She had so much promise in her voice…I could tell that she thoroughly enjoyed her job and I just knew that she was relishing this very moment. I responded, rather simply: “Could I please have a large fry?” “Is that all?” She responded… “Yes ma’am!” I peeled around the corner awaiting my delectable fries.

“Bah-da-dum-dah –duh….I’m lovin it!!” I couldn’t help but hum the jingle. My simple request was about to be fulfilled :) What more could a hungry woman ask for?? I arrived to the window with a smile on my face. All of a sudden, Big Bertha with a uni-brow and an unattractive snarl to match lazily shuffled to the window and with disgust demanded that I pull forward. “Your fries aren’t ready yet.” She told me with a blank expression. “No problem!” I responded, “You have an amazing day.” I showed her a toothy smile and pulled forward as she requested.

Five minutes went by and although I was a little anxious (and REALLY hungry at this point), I patiently hummed the McDonald’s theme song and thought about how hot my fries would be. It would be well worth the wait.

Ten minutes later, Big Bertha threw open the side doors and lethargically waddled to my car. After what seemed like an hour, I reached for my bag of greatness and thanked her for her time. Leaving the McDonald’s, I stuck my hand in the bag and decided to munch on my purchase. I plopped a couple of fries into my mouth and began to chew…I attempted to swallow but my body would not allow me to.

My eyes swelled up with tears and my body tensed with hatred as I realized that the fry utopia I had imagined had dwindled away and reality finally hit. After waiting for 10 MINUTES for my fries…I had received the coldest fries known to man. And they smelled weird? Why in the world did they smell that way???!!?? How dare they…it had to have been Big Bertha. I’m SO SORRY that you are bitter about your job but you have no right to take it out on me and my taste buds. I cringed at the thought of eating another fry…simultaneously my body begged for nourishment. I was livid. I began to sweat profusely …I was angry.

After plotting the slashing of tires and the possible blowing up of that McDonald’s…I decided to just let it go…what was I going to do? Take them back and throw the fries in Big Bertha’s face? Of course not haha….maybe next time…

Maybe I should just stick to salads…could they possibly mess that up.,..???

2 comments:

  1. Boo! Take them back and give Bertha some slimfast, tweezers, and Crest Ultra White toothepaste. After she faithfully uses all three, I am sure your fries will never be cold again!

    ReplyDelete