Sunday, August 16, 2009

I got RIPPED OFF at Sonic




Yea, that's right! I got ripped off at Sonic. No, I'm not advocating a complete boycott of the purchasing of Sonic food, however, what happened to me was utterly ridiculous. Very rarely do I have a sudden urge to slurp down a delightfully, chilly slush from Sonic. Such a specific craving I had...I wanted a Lemon Berry Fruit Slush to be exact. I was with my cousin when I had the sudden craving for a Sonic slush. After arriving to Sonic, and realizing it was about that time of day (Sonic Happy Hour) so I decided to be bold and amp up the order to a medium instead of a small slush. After ordering I realized there was still about 5 more minutes until Happy Hour began. That meant that by the time the person delivered our slushies, it would be about 2 minutes til 2 pm...so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. When she arrived I simply asked her, in a "you know good n well its almost happy hour...dont even make this an issue" tone, "Its like 2 minutes until happy hour, right?"




Long story short she was like "Oh well, its almost that time!"and she tried to smile at me all hard like I would be okay with that...seriously?? I looked at her all dumbfounded...I promise you I was going to sit there for my two minutes so I could get my lil half off drinks...but she looked back at me like "You better not wait two minutes...!!" haha.




Moral of the story: Check your clock before deciding to embark on the Sonic Happy Hour...or you will be thoroughly disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. at least you get Sonic happy hour!! lol! i dont even think there is such a think as happy hour here! haha! :-P I loved reading this btw! i imagined you telling me this story! haha!

    :D

    ReplyDelete